The Institute of Bangsamoro Studies (IBS) held a consultation forum on land, housing, and property policy in the BARMM last July 28, 2021 at Em Manor Hotel, Cotabato City.
Ms. Ica Fernandez, IBS consultant, presented the summary of her initial findings on the said topic as a result of her region-wide public consultations. Major issues and challenges were identified as well as possible solutions from the legislative and executive branch of the government. The consensus are in agreement that land is one of the most complex and complicated challenge and opportunity for the Bangsamoro.
After the presentation, the participants were given the chance to share their ideas, experiences and knowledge in relation to the findings. There was also a productive exchange of ideas on land governance from representatives coming from the key regional government offices, CSOs, and private sectors.
According to Atty. Anwar Malang, the establishment of Bangsamoro Land Commission could settle things on land issues properly. He added that the Commission could adjudicate matters on land policies on agrarian reform based on Amanah (trust).
Meanwhile, Eshan Karl Mabang, Division Chief of Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources and Energy, mentioned that the existing system is already quite good and would only need a proper implementation of the 2015 cadastral survey of the LGUs.
Fernandez remarked that all suggestions and recommendations were all insightful and have been duly noted. The same would be part of the final output of the IBS for submission to the legislative body.
MP Rasol Mitmug is one of the key informants in the findings of Fernandez, together with other Members of the Parliament. This consultation is part of the Citizen’s Engagement for Inclusive Policy and Programs in the Bangsamoro of the IBS, in partnership with The Asia Foundation and USAID – US Agency for International Development.
The Office of MP Atty. Rasol Y. Mitmug Jr. through the Ministry of Health-BARMM, turned over one mobile clinic to the Integrated Provincial Health Office of Lanao del Sur today, July 5.
MP Atty. Rasol Y. Mitmug Jr. thanked the Bangsamoro Government for coming up with program such as the Transitional Development Impact Fund (TDIF) which is very relevant in alleviating the needs of the Bangsamoro people during this time of pandemic.
Aside from the turnover, attendees witnessed the signing of Memorandum of Understanding, distribution of 250 BHW Kits, and turn-over of communication equipment to HEPOs.
According to Vice Governor Adiong, “Very timely aya sa giya maulaula tano knaba bo sa giya Lanao del Sur ka giya dn a entire a dunya a kasasabotan tano a giya pandemic (What is happening to us right now is very timely, not only for Lanao Del Sur but for the entire world, we know that there is pandemic)”. He emphasized how helpful the mobile clinic is to the people of Lanao del Sur.
The turnover was attended and witnessed by Health minister Dr. Bashary A. Latiph, CPAFP, MSPH-MHA Dr. Alinader D. Minalang, Provincial Health Officer II, IPHO – Lanao del Sur, Hon. Mohammad Khalid “Mujam” R. Adiong, Vice Governor of the Province of Lanao del Sur, Dr. Apasrah M. Mapupuno, MPM Provincial Health Officer I, Vice Mayor Sittie Aisah L. Pansar of Municipality of Butig and Board Members of the Province of Lanao del Sur.
Marawi–The Philippine Navy Reserve led by 623rd NSR ILIGAN, NRCen- Western Mindanao ENS Paisal M. Mawi PN (Res) and Provincial Government of Lanao del Sur distributed toys from TV5 Alagang Kapatid Foundation and food packs for the children of Marawi City last July 1, 2021.
Atty. Rasol Y Mitmug Jr., as part of the Navy Reserve and Member of the Parliament, donated kiddie meals for the activity for children ages five and above.
In collaboration with this Office, this mission was made possible by Philippine Navy Reserve Commander NRCen-WM, COL LEO C. FRINCILLO PN(M)(GCS), Office of Provincial Government of Lanao del Sur, Area 6 President Jamael Bagumbaran, and Khadaffy Daromimbang.
Said program was conducted following the minimum health standards for the safety of everyone involved.
The Bangsamoro Parliament adopted six resolutions of MP Rasol Mitmug Jr. with three measures as principal author during sessions 60, 61 and 62 (June 22-24, 2021). Five bills were introduced during the first stage and two bills were passed during the second stage of second reading.
The following are the approved resolutions:
- Proposed Resolution (PR) No. 361: Resolution Encouraging All Newly-Appointed Employees To Take Their Respective Oath Of Moral Governance Before The Office The Of Wali (principal author)
- PR No. 441: A Resolution Expressing The Profound Sympathy And Sincere Condolences Of The Bangsamoro Transition Authority On The Death Of Fr. Filemon G. Romero, Former Chancellor Of Mindanao State University Tawi-Tawi, And Honoring His Contributions As An Academician And A Scientist In The Field Of Environment And Marine Sciences (co-author)
- PR No. 413: Resolution Supporting The Actions Of Our Moro Legislators For Standing On Behalf Of The Bangsamoro, And Ensuring The Protection And Welfare Of Our People Outside The Region (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/24/bta-approves-resolution-supporting-moro-legislators-for-protecting-moro-people-outside-barmm/
- PR No. 456: A Resolution Expressing Deepest Condolences And Sympathies To The Family Of The Late Former President Benigno Aquino Iii And Extending Profound Appreciation And Gratitude For His Contribution To Peace And Development In The Bangsamoro Region (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/24/bangsamoro-parliament-mourns-death-of-former-president-noynoy-aquino/
- PR No. 427: Resolution Directing The Bangsamoro Darul-Ifta To Issue Fatwa On What Constitute Halal Conduct Of Public Officials And Employees, As Khalifa, In The Bangsamoro Autonomous Government Pursuant To Moral Governance (co-author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/24/bta-directs-darul-ifta-to-issue-islamic-ruling-on-halal-conduct-of-barmm-officials-and-employees/
- PR No. 407: A Resolution Expressing Support For The Enactment Into Law Of Senate Bill 2081 And House Bill 8249 Declaring The First Day Of February Of Every Year As National Hijab Day And Promoting An Understanding Of The Muslim Tradition Of Wearing A Hijab (in consolidation with No. 384) (co-author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/25/bangsamoro-parliament-votes-to-support-national-hijab-day/
First Reading Bills:
- Bill No 103: An Act Upgrading Datu Halun Sakilan Memorial Hospital Into A Level II Hospital, Increasing Its Bed Capacity, Upgrading Its Professional Health Care Services And Facilities, Authorizing The Increase Of Its Medical Personnel And Appropriating Funds Therefor (co-author)
- Bill No. 108: An Act Operationalizing The Bangsamoro Gazette, Appropriating Funds Therefore, And For Other Purposes (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/23/bta-bill-eyes-to-operationalize-bangsamoro-gazette/?fbclid=IwAR1pIV1dFw-kne1gPCgRTdKoadjNnJLEnJfqpP_d6oYghkigHndYXdJsV4Q
- Bill No. 109: An Act Institutionalizing The Registration And Regional Database For Informal Workers, Economic Units, And Organizations Or Associations Within The Bangsamoro Autonomous Region (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/25/bangsamoro-parliament-bill-wants-regional-database-for-informal-sector-workers/
- Bill No. 110: An Act Creating The New Geographic Areas District Engineering Office, Appropriating Funds Therefor, And For Other Purposes (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/23/barmm-legislators-push-for-the-establishment-of-district-engineering-offices-in-cotabato-city-north-cotabato/
- Bill No. 113: An Act Establishing A Regionwide Geo-Tagging System For Infrastructure Projects In The Bangsamoro Autonomous Region And Appropriating Funds Therefor (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/25/proposed-geotagging-bill-to-ensure-transparency-on-barmms-infrastructure-projects/
Second Reading Bills (second stage):
- Bill No. 104: An Act Requiring All Constituent Local Government Units In The Bangsamoro Autonomous Region To Allocate An Adequate Land Space For The Establishment Of A Bangsamoro Public Cemetery, Providing For Its Guidelines, And For Other Purposes (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/28/barmm-acquires-land-for-muslim-public-cemetery-and-repairs-mosques-in-sulunbsp/
- Bill No. 105: An Act Creating The Bangsamoro Parliament Corporate Body, Enhancing The Parliamentary Governance Of The Region, And Appropriating Funds Therefor (principal author) https://parliament.bangsamoro.gov.ph/2021/06/23/bangsamoro-parliament-bill-targets-to-create-parliament-corporate-body/
Under Rule XXI, Stages of Legislation of the Parliamentary Rules, during the first reading, a bill is introduced in the BTA. The Speaker shall direct the Secretary-General to read the bill’s number, title and author.
Meanwhile, during the second stage of the second reading, the proponent will deliver his/her sponsorship speech containing the general principles, outline, objectives and purposes of his/her bill.
The session will resume on July 13, 2021.
Keep up-to-date with the current numbers and record of the Bangsamoro Parliament with facts and figures.
The Office of MP Rasol Mitmug Jr. launched a statistical digest of the work of the Bangsamoro Transition Authority.
The statistical breakdown includes updates on the number of bills and resolutions categorized under filed, pending and passed.
This page also contains a Counter on the finished session days for the third regular session. The legislative calendar which was recently approved is comprised of a total of 60 plenary sessions. The third regular session was opened on June 15, 2021.
Click this link to direct you to the parliamentary statistics: bta-updates.rasmitmug.com